Two of Zenergy’s well-recognized industry leaders will be speaking at the upcoming Better Software East 2017 Conference. Join our agile and mobile testing experts, Bob Galen and David Dang, for the following events throughout the conference:
- November 6 from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Essential Patterns of Mature Agile Teams – Is your team facing barriers in their agile journey and/or struggling to deliver top quality releases up to par? While many agile teams easily adapt to the tactical aspects of agile methodologies, it’s the everyday action items that tend to cause them to regress in their agile efforts. Join Bob Galen’s half-day tutorial where you will examine the essential thinking models of mature agile teams and learn to apply them to your own. Attendees will also explore various success patterns for relentless refactoring, quality on all fronts, pervasive product owners, and more.
- November 8 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am: The speedy and continuously accelerating pace of the business world has lead to various leadership style modifications over the years. Agile development, one of the highly popular approaches, has presented many novel concepts into the language of leadership practices (servant leadership, self-directed teams, empowerment, emotional intelligence, employee engagement, trust, self-selection, open spaces, and more). Bob’s keynote, You Might Be an Agile Leader If…, will investigate the success and anti patterns supporting the leadership shift toward tactics and the right agile mentality leaders commonly struggle to implement. Who better to learn from than one who has survived the challenge of becoming an agile coach himself? Bob will share from his personal experiences encountered on his own journey and discuss how you can achieve your new leadership role.
- November 9 from 8:30 am – 12:00 pm: While many organizations place the majority of agile adoptions (coaching, advice, techniques, and training) around agile teams, often leaving leaders vulnerable for being ignored and/or belittled, Bob believes differently. Bob’s tutorial on the Essential Patterns of Mature Agile Leaders will fill you in on the importance managers and effective leadership hold in agile contexts. Learn useful tactics you can utilize to sufficiently support, coach, and empower your teams that will ultimately increase performance, accountability, and engagement. Broaden your leadership skills by learning the standards of an agile adoption as well as the role leaders should share in at-scale and distributed agile teams.
- November 9 from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: The need of mobile application testing has substantially grown with the increase in popularity of mobile technology across countless organizations. In efforts to ease the workflow while continuing to increase test coverage and improve testing endeavors, has led many to turn to automation. But mobile testing comes with its own set of impediments, constituted by a wide array of devices and OS platforms. What continues to reside as one of the most popular questions… should all mobile testing be automated? Join David’s session, Mobile Testing: What –and What Not- to Automate, for an exploration on which mobile activities are best suited for automation vs. manual as well as tips for automating each type of mobile app (mobile web, native app, and hybrid).
- November 9 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: User stories have proven to be effective for collaborating customer requirements to agile teams. So, why do so many teams struggle with them? Bob’s theory is that we often forget the original intent of user stories, to initiate feature-level conversations between stakeholders, customers, and the team members executing the stories. Furthermore, user stories were meant to be informative, inspirational, and continuous. Bob’s session, Putting the “Story” Back into the User Story, will help you bring the original focus of user stories back into your agile strategy and inform you on how to better tell those stories to enhance your agile teams’ collaboration, understanding, and ultimately results.
Better Software East 2017 will take pace on November 5-10, 2017 at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Hotel in Florida. For more information or to register please visit the event’s website here.