In addition to StarWest 2018, Zenergy has a fully booked schedule this fall in the Agile and software QA conference circuit.
Zenergy is a proud sponsor of the StarCanada 2018 conference, which will be held on October 14-19 in Toronto, Canada. If you are planning to attend, stop by the Zenergy booth to pick the minds of some of the most highly recognized agile experts in the industry. Don’t forget to enter our contest to win an Amazon Echo. Apply Zenergy’s sponsorship discount code, S18VC7, for an additional $200 off registration fees.
Two of Zenergy practitioners, Bob Galen and Shaun Bradshaw, will be presenting at this year’s AgileDevEast 2018 conference. Catch them at the following presentations and events:
- November 5 from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm (Shaun Bradshaw): The term transformation often frightens many during the first steps of their agile journey. Why? Because the beginning stages are often the most difficult to grasp as well as the most important; causing many to focus solely on the broad picture, the product backlog. In this half-day tutorial, Essential Patterns of Successful Agile Transformations, Shaun will dive into the various aspects one must consider to acquire a successful transformation; including how to implement agile within all the necessary areas of your business. Join Shaun for the unveil of the most critical aspects for an agile transformation so you can start off on the right foot.
- November 6 from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm (Bob Galen): It’s a common trap for an organization to put too much weight on the focus of the agile teams when undergoing an agile adoption. In this tutorial, Learning How to Lead High-Performance Agile Teams, Bob Galen and Mary Thorn will explore the importance of leadership in agile contexts and how to best portray leadership roles onto your teams to nurture and effectively empower them to succeed to their full potential. Bob and Mary will also introduce you to the secrets of the most critical patterns leaders should adapt to grow and nurture agile teams, organizational culture, and quality results.
- November 5 from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm (Bob Galen): How do you lead an agile team toward an effective execution? That question stumps many. For starters, an introduction to some of the tools and practice are necessary. But, the real nitty gritty lies in maximizing team performance to deliver value. In this half-day tutorial, Creating a High-Performance Agile Team, Bob Galen and Mary Thorn will examine the essential patterns and thinking models of high-performing test teams, such as:
- large-scale emergent architecture
- relentless refactoring
- quality on all fronts
- pervasive product owners
- lean work queues
- stretching above and beyond
- providing total transparency
- saying no, etc.
Walk away with the needed tactics for agile teams to portray continuous improvement and effective executions.
- November 7 from 4:15 pm to 5:15 pm (Bob Galen): In this featured Keynote, Lightning Strikes the Keynotes, Bob Galen will introduce you to a series of five-minute talks, given by various top-industry QA and testing practitioners. Don’t miss this lightening keynote for the opportunity to hear some of the industry’s top nuggets of knowledge.
- November 8 from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm (Bob Galen): Sometimes it’s not the team but the leaders to blame for failed and/or underperformed agile efforts. Why? Maybe they didn’t fully understand the fundamentals or how to map them to produce an effective execution. Ultimately, the ending results in an organization unaware of its most critical gaps. In this session, Shu-Ha-Ri Applied to Agile Leadership, Bob Galen will address the basic assessment model for determining agile leadership and maturity to help you better gauge and improve your leadership’s agile understanding and effectiveness within your organization. In this collaborative-style session you will assess your leadership landscape, among others, to identify common patterns and reveal some of your leadership’s core challenges.
- November 9 from 11:30 am to 4:00 pm (Bob Galen): Don’t miss Bob Galen at this year’s leadership summit session. A four-part series group discussion, addressing common problems areas and their solutions that may arise when working in collaborative contexts.
Come and find us at the expo to discuss your current QA and Testing and agile needs. If you are in the beginning stages of agile check out our agile maturity continuum to find out where your organization is at and how we can help.