We are excited to announce two of Zenergy’s agile experts, Bob Galen and Shaun Bradshaw, will be speaking at this year’s AgileDevWest 2018 Conference! Find Zenergy at the following sessions, trainings, and keynote throughout the event:
- June 6 from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm (Shaun Bradshaw): Are you a tester transitioning into an agile team role? Team dynamics differ greatly between traditional software testing and agile testing. Agile teams are expected to be less siloed, more flexible, and produce high quality software releases in less time. Join Shaun’s session, Essential Patterns of Mature Agile Testers, to learn some of the most critical patterns agile testers should adopt to when joining agile teams. This session will introduce you to a wide array of real-world tactics that will guide your teams toward improved cross-collaboration and quality results.
- June 4 from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm (Bob Galen): Sometimes agile teams find that they can get ahead of themselves. Strategically, they may think they are ready to begin their journey, when in reality “knowing” is not the same as “being”. Knowing how to carry out a fairly efficient execution doesn’t imply continuous improvement or that the team is delivering at its full potential. Bob’s half-day tutorial, Creating a High-Performance Agile Team, will explore the thinking models every member of an agile team should develop to be most effective as a team. After all, successful teams must learn to work as a cohesive unit; “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts”.
- June 5 from 8:30 am – 12:00 pm (Bob Galen): With most of an agile adoption centered-around the agile teams themselves, many share the idea that leadership is not a necessity, in an agile context. Although, in agile, leaders are not expected to hold their team’s hand the entire time, a neglected relationship between a team and its leaders can quickly obliterate all agile initiatives in play. Bob’s tutorial, Learning How to Lead High-Performing Agile Teams, will help you explore the critical patterns leaders should adapt, to grown and nurture agile teams, organizational culture, and quality results.
- June 7 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Bob Galen): The coined term “Product Owner” has been around for nearly a quarter of a century. The product owner’s responsibilities consist of defining the stories for the next sprint and prioritizing the backlog so that testers can best suite the needs of the client. Sounds pretty simple, right? Not exactly. Throughout many years of experience and coaching endeavors, Bob has confronted hundreds of teams and organizations working to grasp the concept of product ownership. Bob’s session on Essential Product Ownership: It Takes a Village will provide you with the patterns and stories that are critical to carrying out the role of product ownership. This session will provide proactive techniques product owners can utilize to complete their daily responsibilities more efficiently and drive their teams to be more effective by producing high quality product release for lower costs.
Leadership Summit and Keynote:
- June 6 from 4:15 – 5:15 pm (Bob Galen): Lightning Strikes the Keynotes. This event will introduce you to various industry keynotes, who will provide their biggest seed of advice in short increments of 5-minutes each.
- June 8 from 11:30 am – 12:00 pm (Bob Galen): Leadership Summit Keynote – Lightening Q&A with Speaker Panel
This year Zenergy is offering attendees free complimentary coaching with agile practitioners, Bob and Shaun. Make sure to find them during the expo to sign up for your coaching session (first-come-first-served basis) and to enter our contest for the chance to win a free Amazon Echo. AgileDevWest will be held on June 3-8, 2018 in Las Vegas, NV. For more information of to register visit the event’s website here.