director of agile practices, conference speaker mainstay & mr. potato head aficionado
Bob Galen is an agile methodologist, practitioner & coach who has partnered with Zenergy Technologies for over ten years to deliver world-class agile solutions. With over sixteen years of in-depth agile experience, Bob is an accomplished author, trainer, and speaker who is widely recognized as one of the leading voices of pragmatic agility. With his deep, in the trenches, agile experience, Bob Galen is widely considered as a “Coach of Coaches” in the agile community.
Stay Agile, my friend
As Zenergy’s director of agile practices, Bob helps guide companies and teams in their pragmatic adoption and organizational shift towards Scrum and other Agile methods and practices. He is a Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and an active member of the Agile & Scrum Alliances.
Bob has written three books on agile: Scrum Product Ownership, published in 2009 with a second edition released in 2013, Agile Reflections in 2012, and The Three Pillars of Agile, in 2015. In addition to being high-demand as a speaker and conference presenter, he’s also a prolific writer & blogger. You can read his Zenergy agile blogs here.
To date, Bob has delivered over 190 conference presentations and is giving a keynote at the upcoming StarEast 2017 conference in Orlando, Florida. Upcoming and recent presentations and workshops include:
- A Tester’s Guide to Collaborating with Product Owners and Establishing Agile Centric Release Criteria at the Zenposium 2017 Conference
- Why the World Needs More Prescriptive Agile Coaches at the Keep Austin Agile 2017 Conference
- Essential Product Ownership: It Takes a Village opening keynote for the Innovate Virginia 2017 Conference
- Agile Test Team Leadership: From Concept to Product, Agile Testing: Team Tactics that Deliver the Goods, and Test Automation Strategies for the Agile World tutorials at the 2017 StarEast Conference
- Step Aside: Stop Leading from the Front keynote for the 2017 StarEast Conference
- Leading Agile Testers: Successfully Making the Leap, How the 3 Amigos Help to Create Valuable & Testable Stories, Lean Coffee on Agile Testing & Quality at QAI’s 2017 QUEST Conference
- Football and Agile, Like Peanut Butter and Jelly at the Southern Fried Agile 2016 Conference and TriAgile 2017
- Test Automation Strategies for the Agile World, Agile Testing: Team Tactics that Deliver the Goods, and Agile Test Team Leadership: From Concept to Product at the 2016 StarWest Conference
- Agile Metrics: Measuring Outcomes and Results at the 2016 Better Software West Conference
- Essential Patterns of Mature Agile Leaders keynote for the 2016 Better Software East Conference
- A Product Ownership Practicum for Product Owners and ScrumMasters at the 2015 Agile Development West Conference
- The 3 Pillars Approach to Agile Testing Strategy keynote for the 2015 STP Spring Conference
- Balancing the Crusty and Old with the Shiny and New at the 2014 StarWest Conference
- Session-based Exploratory Testing on Agile Projects keynote for the 2011 StarWest Conference
- Moving Beyond The Status Quo – Differentiating Ourselves and Demonstrating Value keynote for the EuroStar 2010 Conference
- Test Team Leadership – Yes, There’s a Place for it in Agile keynote for the 2010 StarWest Software Testing Conference
- Creating Crucial Test Conversations at the 2010 StarEast Software Testing Conference